Our Toddler Curriculum is based on the principle that children learn best through direct, hands on experience with people, objects, events and ideas. During this active learning process the toddlers are encouraged to discover the world around them by exploring and playing. Learning and development are anchored by the long-term trusting relationships with our nurturing , loving teachers. Our aim during this important year is also to guide each child, depending on potty readiness, towards independent, self-care (pull up pants, washing).
Encourage the growth of children’s
• Gross Motor Skills
• Social Development
• Language Development
- Class size
- 6 – 12 children
- Child to Teacher Ratio
- No more than 7 to 1
- Children do not need to be potty-trained to enroll in the Toddler class.
- Five Components of Development
- Physical: the changes in size, shape, and physical maturity of the body, including physical abilities and coordination.
- Intellectual: the learning and use of language; the ability to reason, problem solve, and organize ideas; it is related to the physical growth of the brain.
- Social: the process of gaining the knowledge and skills needed to interact successfully with others.
- Emotional: feelings and emotional responses to events; changes in understanding one’s own feelings and appropriate forms of expressing them.
- Moral: the growing understanding of right and wrong, and the change in behavior caused by that understanding; sometimes called a conscience.
For more information about Hillcrest Christian Preschool Little Oaks Campus or to speak to one of our staff, please call 805-495-2537 or 805-495-5513.